COVID-19 Best Practices and Social Distancing Update
Covid-19 Coronavirus Special health and Safety Notice
Home Inspection Practices – Social Distancing
At this time, we are conducting Home Inspections following all CDC recommendations and believe that this is low risk of virus exposure, as we are in contact with as few people as possible during this process. We continue to be concerned about everyone’s health and safety in this current climate. We’ve adjusted our procedures and are taking specific steps to protect everyone involved in the inspection process.
Guidelines that we are enacting for our inspection process:
We are requiring our clients to vigilantly maintain safe social distancing, and wear masks during the inspection. This is to minimize contact and help prevent the spread of the virus. This has become a standard in this current Covid-19 environment, and it protects you and others from the spread of the virus.
While on-site, our inspectors will take the following steps to help maintain a sanitary environment:
- Wash hands immediately upon entering home, and multiple times during every inspection, especially after touching things like faucets and door handles during the entire inspection.
- Bring our own hand towel(s) for drying our hands after washing.
- Keep alcohol-based hand sanitizer and/or disinfecting wipes nearby and use it frequently.
- Use disinfectant wipes on faucets and door handles.
- We will not shake hands, or bump fists or elbows.
- We will avoid touching our faces.
- Our inspector will wear a mask during the inspection.
- If any of our inspectors have a fever or cough, we will not conduct the inspection, and notify all parties in as timely a manner as possible
Please understand that we will be following all safe practices for social distancing. We’d like to request that agents wear masks, minimize interactions with inspectors wherever possible, and maintain strict social distancing during the inspection. Our usual friendly greeting will be at a distance for the foreseeable future. We’re eliminating “elbow bump” and any other contact greetings at this time.
We are requesting only one agent to be present at the inspection. Of course, if the listing agent needs to be present or their presence has been requested by the seller, we are fine with this, but we also want the agent to be aware that our usual friendly greeting will be at a distance.
We are also requesting that the listing agents request the seller to cleans the home and disinfect all high-traffic cooking, cleaning, bathroom, doorknob, and switches in the home with wipes or other antibacterial cleaner prior to the inspection.
Additionally, we are requesting (via an email to the buyer’s agent) that they notify the buyer’s agent if anyone living in the home is unwell or has a fever/has had a fever in the last 14 days, and to let everyone know immediately if this is the case.
We understand that this may be an inconvenience, and yet we are doing everything we can to keep everyone safe. We realize that thing are subject to change at any time, and this situation may evolve to a place where we are not conducting any inspections. Until that time, we will continue to be safe. Please call our office with any questions. Thank you.