BUILDERS’ WARRANTIES Can COVER:
- Structural issues (involving doors, windows, floors, roofs, etc)
- Electrical system problems (wiring problems, circuit overloads, alarms & other systems, etc)
- Plumbing issues (leaks, broken pipes, faucets, etc)
- Heating and cooling issues (Overall HVAC system, air conditioners, heating, ventilation, etc)
- Workmanship issues (tile, materials, drywall, paint, etc)
How long does an inspection take?
Can I just use the builder's inspector?
We would not recommend this. Any inspector hired or brought in by the builder is their inspector. You want someone to inspect the building that is completely objective and who is there to look out for you, not the builder or contractor.
And that’s exactly what you get with a one year home warranty inspection from MKC.
Will all issues found be covered by my builder's warranty?
Builder’s warranties can vary wildly in what they cover. You’ll need to look over your specific warranty to understand what specifically can be repaired under your warranty.