What TO EXPECT During OUR Buyer’s Inspection
- Exterior: Wall cladding, windows, doors, eaves, trims, decks, porches, entryways, steps, grading, and drainage
- Roofing: Roof system, roof penetrations, roof drainage, and roof structure, chimney
- Structure: Foundation, structural framing, floor, walls, ceiling framing, and roof framing
- Heating and Air Conditioning: Furnace system, boiler system, HVAC system, ducts, vents, tanks, fuel supply system, and main fuel shutoff
- Plumbing: Supply and waste piping, main supply shutoff, drains, traps, and vent piping
- Electrical: Service entrance cable, meter area, grounding, main disconnect, main and sub panels, GFCI breakers and receptacles, AFCI breakers, switches, and exposed branch wiring
- Interior: Walls, floors, ceilings, trim, windows, door, other cabinetry, and all interior components
- Appliances: Dishwasher, oven range, other miscellaneous permanently installed appliances and components
How long does an inspection take?
Generally a buyer inspection takes between 2 to 4 hours. The time it takes to conduct a home inspection depends on the size, type, and age of the property. We take as much time necessary to fully and completely inspect the property.
Will you report to me the costs to repair any defects found in the home?
No. Massachusetts Regulations for Home Inspectors (MA CMR 266) prohibit home inspectors from reporting on costs to repair conditions observed at the home inspection. We recommend that you obtain quotes for any item that requires repair or replacement.
Can the report be transferred to anyone else for their use?
No. The report is only considered valid for use by the client for the specific property inspected, at the time and date inspected. We will accept no liability or responsibility for use of the report by anyone else and for any other purpose.
A previous buyer already had an inspection before backing out. Can I just use the inspection report that they got?
No. Reports cannot be transferred. You’ll need to have a separate buyer inspection done.
What will my inspection report look like?
Our 44-page sample report will show you everything we cover in our inspections.