Home Inspection Cambridge MA
When you are purchasing a new home, MKC Associates are the trusted home inspectors in Cambridge MA. Our inspectors are certified and highly experienced to provide a thorough inspection and a detailed report to help our customers. Our goal is to make our customers highly educated before making their final decision about a property. With over 15 years of experience with home inspections, we’ve seen just about everything. We also understand the urgency of having a home inspection. We work seven days a week to help meet our clients schedules.
Our goal is to help you understand the structure and function of homes like we do! We work 7 days a week so we can be flexible to meet your schedule. Each of our inspections will meet the Massachusetts’ Regulations for Home Inspectors. We follow a detailed procedure to ensure a thorough inspection that will include all of the following areas:
- Entire Exterior: Wall cladding, windows, doors, eaves, trims, decks, porches, entryways, steps, grading, and drainage
- Roofing: Roof system, roof penetrations, roof drainage, and roof structure, chimney
- Structure: Foundation, structural framing, floor, walls, ceiling framing, and roof framing
- Heating and Air Conditioning System: Furnace system, boiler system, HVAC system, ducts, vents, tanks, fuel supply system, and main fuel shutoff
- Plumbing System: Supply and waste piping, main supply shutoff, drains, traps, and vent piping
- Electrical System: Service entrance cable, meter area, grounding, main disconnect, main and sub panels, GFCI breakers and receptacles, AFCI breakers, switches, and exposed branch wiring
- Entire Interior: Walls, floors, ceilings, trim, windows, door, other cabinetry, and all interior components
- Appliances: Dishwasher, oven range, other miscellaneous permanently installed appliances and components
After our inspection is complete, you will receive a detailed report with easy-to-read explanations listing any areas of concern. We are available even after the inspection to answer your questions.
Radon is a dangerous cancer-causing gas that can be present in new construction or older homes. This radioactive gas comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in the soil. The only way to know if it is present is through testing. We use a continuous monitoring device that will detect if radon is in the air. Following EPA protocols, we will get the results on the same day that we retrieve our monitoring device. If radon is present, we are able to provide suggestions on how to protect the property and most importantly your family by lowering the radon levels. We suggest adding radon testing at the time of your home inspection or as a standalone testing every 2 years as the EPA suggests for you and your family’s safety.
Commercial Building Inspection
When purchasing a commercial building we understand the process can have many steps along the way. MKC Associates will help make the inspection as stress free as possible. We invite you to join us during the inspection to get a closer look at the property and how it functions. We will provide our findings in an easy to understand report along with high quality images for clarification on areas of concern. We are always available even after the inspection to answer any questions. We inspect all types of properties including:
- Dental offices
- Industrial properties
- Medical offices
- Motels and hotels
- Multi-use buildings
- Office buildings
- Religious buildings
- & More
Call us today to schedule your home or commercial property inspection.
Contact Us today to schedule your home inspection.
Call to ask about our discounts for teachers, police, firefighters, veterans, active duty military, seniors, and repeat customers.